Communications and Engagement Manager Job Posting
The Green Chemistry & Commerce Council (GC3) is a growing multi-stakeholder collaborative that drives the commercial adoption of safer, more sustainable chemicals, processes, and products by catalyzing and guiding action across all industries, sectors, and supply chains. We are looking for a creative science communicator; an engaging advocate for environmental and sustainability issues; and someone who knows how to help others put skin in the game. Our members are companies, government agencies, advocates and other thought leaders in safety and sustainability who are looking to share innovative solutions to some of the world’s most pressing problems. We are undertaking a major rebranding effort in fall 2022 with a new look and website and seek a creative communicator to launch and position our new brand as a leader in the field. If you believe in the power of collaboration to catalyze change, we look forward to talking with you.
We are searching for an enthusiastic, communicative, and relationship building Communications and Engagement Manager to produce high-quality science communications, engage members, and assist with fundraising for our nonprofit business association. The Communications and Engagement Manager will work with the Operations Director to implement the communications plan and content strategy; enact the membership engagement and recruitment workflow; and reach our fundraising goals. An ideal candidate will have previous experience with science communications, inbound marketing, fundraising, and membership engagement. If you are personable and a collaborative team player with a flair for influencing others through writing this may be a good fit for you. In this role, you will make a difference by improving human and environmental health.
Communications and Engagement Manager Responsibilities:
- Write, review, edit, and update science and marketing content for organization’s websites, blogs, inbound marketing materials, and media.
- Conduct research and interviews to learn more about member needs, developments, and perceptions about barriers and opportunities to driving sustainable chemistry, and then contextualizing your findings for leaders.
- Identify member personas and develop communication channels to serve their needs.
- Collaborate with staff to develop a communications plan and launch a major rebranding and website revamp in fall 2022.
- Draft and implement a crisis management strategy to mitigate media exposure and preserve organizational reputation.
- Use social media, press, and other media (blogs, podcasts) to position the organization as a thought leader, engage members, and to promote organizational initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal departments to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems.
- Monitor social media and company website metrics.
- Utilize SEO methods to increase site traffic.
- Draft and distribute fundraising material and follow up on development asks.
- Suggest new ways to promote company offerings and to reach consumers.
Communications and Engagement Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, nonprofit administration, science communications, or similar fields.
- 5+ years of experience as fundraiser, content creator, marketing specialist, membership coordinator or similar roles.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or Association Management Software (AMS), social media campaigns, website marketing,
- Experience creating strong, engaging content; involving members/clients through communications; and successful fundraising.
- Extensive knowledge of public relations and fundraising best practices.
- An understanding of SEO best practices.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy.
- (Optional) Masters in science communication, public administration, nonprofit leadership, or similar fields.
This is a full-time, remote and benefited position with a distributed team. Availability during regular work hours is required although flex-time is allowed. Green Chemistry and Commerce Council is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. GC3 does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Anna Montgomery, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org